Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lab1: 3 Maps


Here are three maps I find to be of interest to me.
This first map is a map of UCLA. From the dormitories at the top left of the map and classes and labs on the right side, this map contains the places I spend the majority of my time. My daily routine can be projected on top of this map and can make an interesting data to be analyzed.


This is a light map of Korea, and parts of Japan and China. The map contains information about the level of city lights emitted during night time. The contrast between the light emissions of North and South Korea is quite shocking; especially to me personally, because I have spent half of my life in Seoul, somewhere in the bright dot near the center of the map.

The last of maps of  interest is a topological map of Hawaii. Hawaii is the most beautiful place I have witnessed with my eyes. The synergy between highly elevated areas of active volcano with the waves and coral reefs by the sea level was just magical to my young eyes when I last visited ten years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment